10.10.2011

Road Trip to Idaho

take a roadtripsandpoint

I’m off to Idaho to visit my mother this week.  My parents retired in Northern Idaho near Sandpoint after spending years in Southern California.  Sandpoint is situated on Lake Pend Oreille, a huge lake.  In fact, it’s the second largest lake West of the Mississippi. (a bit of trivia for you) My visit is way over due but what a perfect week for a road trip.  The weather chilly and the leaves are turning.  The landscape is an artist canvas of yellow and orange.  Low clouds cling to the mountain sides like spider webs as I make my way along the winding roads.  So lovely!

idaho clubIdaho log cabin poster

We relish our girl time together.  Cooking in the kitchen with music playing, planning & plotting future adventures, rearranging furniture (we are always perfecting our spaces) and really just enjoying one another’s company.  This week we will be visiting a few dear friends along the way.  I’ve recruited momma to help me find some new styling props so we’ll be hitting some favorite haunts for vintage finds.  I will keep you posted of our adventures.  But what I look forward to the most…our morning coffee talks.

home sweet homemorning coffee

images: road trip, bridge, golf course, Idaho poster, home sweet home, coffee mug

No comments:

Post a Comment