11.18.2011

The Gum Wall

_DSC3112_DSC3091

I know what you must be thinking….disgusting! Right? Well it is. But it is also quite beautiful. Once you get passed that every single piece of gum that is stuck on this wall was chewed by someone just so they could have a place in history, you start seeing the thoughtfulness and the creativity of all these strangers coming together on one long wall. Standing back you can see the mosaic come to life with symbols and messages. We weren’t the only ones there admiring this…well…work of art.  And good thing. I had not one stick of gum to my name and if it wasn’t for the nice folks with their mouths bursting with gum who kindly offered me an UNchewed piece, I wouldn’t have been able to leave my mark in history. Can you tell where I left my mark? Uh…Purell anyone?

_DSC3095-2_DSC3097

_DSC3098_DSC3093

No comments:

Post a Comment